BBC - Weather Centre - Latest Observations for Greenwich, United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Emergency of Tiny Proportions

Oh no! Look at our poor leeks!! I was doing my morning check and putting the Basil out to get some summer sun when I saw the monstrosity that one of the local felines had created. What was once a little patch of leek seedling wonder had been turned upside down into a big earth mound.

So I had to forgo my early train to work this morning and do some emergency gardening. I managed to salvage some of them - albeit with some leaves missing on most. I quickly put them into pots for now - I think we'll leave them to establish themselves a little more first before they go back into the ground.

Can you believe it! We've got wire cloches dotted all over the garden to protect the seedlings from cats. On the little leek patch we stuck garden canes throughout it to stop them digging but whoever the culprit was just dug around the canes. Beetroot last year and now our leeks...

I saw you Tabby this morning... sitting on top of our shed - surveying your work were you?! You wait - next time you won't just get a shooo from me - you'll have a water pistol to contend with.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment