BBC - Weather Centre - Latest Observations for Greenwich, United Kingdom

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Down with the Beets

Look at our lovely beetroot! We've only just noticed that you can see the tops of them now! I know it sounds silly to say, wow I can see the top of my beetroot, I mean, not exactly exciting is it? But when I think back to when we first planted these, tiny little seeds, all those months ago, to think that it could be this big now is pretty exciting to me.

The strangest thing though... we have a stowaway beetroot, whose shacked up with the spring onions!
We have no idea how it got there! The only possibly explanation is that a seed blew from the packet when I was planting them, but the timeline seems off, it's a little behind the others but maybe that's just to do with the fact that it had to germinate outside whereas the other fellas had a nice warm windowsill in the kitchen.

I'm tempted to pull one and have a little baby beetroot in a salad tonight. But maybe a couple more weeks so they can plump up abit more.

Can't wait for borscht soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment