BBC - Weather Centre - Latest Observations for Greenwich, United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Utter Devastation

My goodness. Our poor potatoes. Only last week I was telling everyone how healthy and green they were and look at them today, what a sorry state they're in.

Oh, and who per chance do you think the culprits are?! Our ever friendly garden snails who for some reason, seem to have it in for us.

I'm pretty gutted actually, I mean some of the plants are just decimated. And this has happened in the space of about a week. They've been munching at the leaves below everything so we hadn't really noticed what was going on and then all of a sudden there's a big gaping hole where literally the plants at the back have collapsed. I think we'll loose some, two plants if we're lucky but maybe more. Not sure what to do with them because if they've got potatoes under the ground they'll just rot. So I guess we'll have to dig them up, not going to be easy though because they're right at the back.

I've just picked out about 25 snails and was going to put down some organic pellets but I think I'll wait until the thunderstorms finish.

I hate these things more than ever now. I thought I'd got them under some sort of control but it seems they've just moved to a different part of the garden.

Yeah. So pretty gutted right now. And I'd really really like it to stop raining please, the snails don't need anything else to tempt them out of the dark danky holes they live in. If you could sort that for me that would be great. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment